SEO is constantly changing. At Spa Smart, we have built SEO tasks into a more encompassing digital marketing platform to utilize the variables that Google takes into account when ranking websites. There are some basic SEO tasks that you can do yourself, however, and if you do them on a consistent basis, they will help your spa outrank your competitors who have not used Spa Smart. (Note: this is not a list that will allow you to dominate your market or get #1 positions for tough keywords, but you will improve your overall rankings.)
How to Improve your SEO
(note: this list assumes your website is using the WordPress platform)
1. Install Yoast
- Install the free version of the YOAST SEO plugin and walk thru the Yoast SEO Wizard to get your basic SEO settings correct.
- The best way to install Yoast is to log in to your WordPress website and in the left nav bar click Plugins.
- In the top left of the page look for the “Add New” button.
- Search for Yoast in the dialogue box that will appear and then click Install.
- Once Yoast is installed you will get a message to Active it. Once Yoast is active, you can navigate to is from the left nav and go thru the Wizard.
2. Edit Yoast setting per web page
Each page will need to be edited after Yoast is installed. Using Yoast, set the Page Title for each page. The page title should follow a consistent format and be SPECIFIC to the page content.
3. Repeat step #2 for your blog posts
If your website has been set up properly, your web pages will contain your product information and services descriptions. After you have edited each web page, you will follow the same steps for your blog posts. If your spa website does not currently have a blog, now is a good time to start!
4. Create content for your website on a weekly basis.
This step is very important. Creating fresh and unique content for your target user base is a key component of SEO marketing. This blog post is an example of SEO marketing. The content has been designed to be beneficial and advantageous to future and current clients of Spa Smart.
Add images to your content
Free stock photography can be found on sites such as Pixabay and Unsplash.com, while Depositphotos and Shutterstock are great sites for stock images for purchase. Don’t forget to add names to your images and ALT text, which allows those with disabilities to know what the image is.
5. Promote your content on social media platforms
Creating new content is just the first step. Now you need to get it seen and generate some traffic to your website. The quickest way to do that is to link to the content from your social channels. It’s also possible to submit your content to social media influencers with audiences similar to your target customer demographics. You can use software such as anymailfinder.com or hunter.io to find the email addresses of prospective influencers.
Taking these five steps is simple and helps you outrank your competitors. By using the Spa Smart platform, you’re well-positioned to capture traffic and increase your revenue!
Bonus SEO Tip
In addition to the content that you create, budget for professional content. There is a great deal of information being published on the web every day. It’s important to provide original, well-written content that has value to your readers. Google’s algorithm changes frequently, but fresh, quality content is always a factor Google will use in its calculations.